Re: [opensuse-buildservice] after latest update (1.6.99-114.1) load is very high
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 07:12:48 -0600
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 3:01 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Freitag 05 Februar 2010 schrieb Jon Nelson:
After updating to the latest obs* packages (1.6.99-114.1) load is very
 high.

I see a load of between 8 and 10. Since I have two workers going, I'd
expect to see a load of more like 2 or occasionally 3.

The logs show *lots* "GET /workerstatus?" to the rep_server, and "GET
/build/_workerstatus" to the src_server, and the delayed_job log is
constantly noisy.

Upgraded to 1.7.0

It turns out to be the delayed job code.
Every second (as in 60 times a minute) it is requesting _workerstatus
and inserting 5 rows into status_histories and DELETING rows from
delayed_jobs. Also an UPDATE in there, too. Is there anything that
will prune those tables? Is it really necessary to run once every
second?

Load does return to normal-ish after a while, 0.1 instead of 0.0.
I'll see if it comes back.

--
Jon