Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Request to define two new attributes
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:14:01 +0100
Am Montag 01 Februar 2010 schrieb Adrian Schröter:

The URL of packages is the home page not the upstream tar ball.

Right now we have the official place for it in package meta data. But I
agree completely that it shouldn't be there.

However, we might should sync the data initially.

And it should not be named UpstreamTarballURL than IMHO. Maybe
UpstreamHomepage ?
You mix two things. We right now have a "url" both in the spec file and the
to set the upstream _sources_ of the _latest_ release set. This is bound 1:1
to the other attribute, so my original proposal was having _one_ attribute
with a version and an optional tarball url.

How is this supposed to work ? Everybody can replace the attribute to
report that there is a new version ?

Yes, that was exactly the idea. We will have to experiment a bit, but I
don't expect huge SPAM potential. Of course not having history for
attributes can become a problem - but as I said: we need to experiment.

Okay, but when it is experimental, I don't want it in OBS: namespace. This
is what really everybody in his own instance is getting and should be able
to rely on (at least during 1.X timeline).

Fine with me, but we need to have this done _real soon now_ as the version
freeze for 11.3 is coming closer every day. So give this a place where we can
do actual coding instead of talking about your nice to have things.

Greetings, Stephan