Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Request to define two new attributes
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 12:11:09 +0100
Am Montag 01 Februar 2010 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
So you want to have this as manually user setting unrelated to building ?
Exactly. We can later add a mechanism to take over the attributes into
building, but automatically picking upstream versions is too fragile, so
adding a reporting is the first step.I can also imagine a project setting
that takes upstream versions automatically, but I don't think this should
be the default.

Hm, I would go first to try to define URLs in our packages and try to
automatically check for new versions, before I would add a manual option
here.
The URL of packages is the home page not the upstream tar ball.

How is this supposed to work ? Everybody can replace the attribute to
report that there is a new version ?

Yes, that was exactly the idea. We will have to experiment a bit, but I don't
expect huge SPAM potential. Of course not having history for attributes can
become a problem - but as I said: we need to experiment.

Greetings, Stephan