Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Request to define two new attributes
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:47:26 +0100
+ OBS:UpstreamTarballURL - would contain the URL of the latest upstream
tarball

That is the thing (as mentioned before), which should go into the _service
stuff. In that way we actually know that the server has downloaded it from
there (helpfull during review).

I thought about it and my conclusion was that it would probably affect
performance if we want to use the URL in the status page: we need to
fetch the data for all packages in a project.

Well, okay, but we should not missuse the attributes as cache system.
(or at least not with server side support).

Another point, but minor, is that I'm unsure it's useful to put the URL
there if it's not the tarball currently used to build the package. The
goal of the attribute would be to have the URL of the new unpackaged
version from upstream.

So you want to have this as manually user setting unrelated to building ?

Hm, I would go first to try to define URLs in our packages and try to
automatically
check for new versions, before I would add a manual option here.

How is this supposed to work ? Everybody can replace the attribute to report
that there is a new version ?

SUSE Linux Products GmbH