Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Request to define two new attributes
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 08:46:18 +0100
Am Sonntag, 31. Januar 2010 14:54:01 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Hi,

To make it possible to know when a package could be updated to a new
upstream version, I'd like to have two new attributes:

+ OBS:UpstreamVersion - would contain the latest upstream version for
the upstream module

Hm, if this is something, which is only happening at the .opensuse.org
instance (because the support for this is not integrated into OBS), it should
be for example

openSUSE:UpstreamVersion

instead.

(Everything in OBS: is delivered with the OBS server itself and may be used
by its tools (osc, webui, api)).

+ OBS:UpstreamTarballURL - would contain the URL of the latest upstream
tarball

That is the thing (as mentioned before), which should go into the _service
stuff. In that way we actually know that the server has downloaded it from
there (helpfull during review).

The support for this is already in OBS 1.7, I just have to get another
piece of hardware setup for our opensuse.org instance. (Not managed to do
so since 2 month, but I really want to this month).

SUSE Linux Products GmbH