[opensuse-buildservice] [osc] Enhancement request for 'osc prjresults'
  • From: David Haller <dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 06:58:30 +0100
Hello, what's the chance / what would you think of switching x/y in
the output of 'osc prjresults', i.e. instead of:

pkg1
| pkg2
| | pkg3
. . . repo1
. . . repo2
. . . repo3

to have

repo1_arch1
| repo1_arch2
| | repo2_arch1
. . . pkg1
. . . pkg2
. . . pkg3

preferably even

repo1_arch1
| repo1_arch2
| | repo2_arch1
. . . pkg1
. . . pkg2
. . . pkg3

0. Is that doable?

1. I'd guess many projects tend to have more packages than repos, and
it'd be easier to read that way (or they're still easy to read
anyway) and I think it'd be easier to read. (I think it'd already
be easier to read with a 9 pkgs / 6 repos w/ 2 archs project, as
that's the case where I just thought of this).

2. It'd also match the WUI "project build monitor"
layout/"dimensions"

Just a thought for a possible "enhancement" ...

I might do a few sample 'x/y' switches of output of a couple of (small
and large) example projects for all to look at, if asked nicely ;)

-dnh

--
I have wondered what would be outside the universe. Half a step after
"a different kind of nothing", I stopped. -- M. Wiltink