Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc init question
  • From: Dave Plater <dplater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 15:16:01 +0200
On 01/22/2010 10:29 AM, Dave Plater wrote:
Hi, I need to limit my internet bandwidth usage and I'm used to using
osc init to do so. Use case :-
I have a need to test the operation of pre_checkin.sh for graphics
blender but my branch home:plater:branches:graphics blender has svn
blender-2.50 in it so I delete it and recreate a branch to graphics
blender which contains stable blender-2.49b. Next I copy my local
graphics/blender files into home:plater:branches:graphics/blender and
use osc init home:plater:branches:graphics blender to initialize as a
working copy and I've tried various combinations of copying the files
over both before and after "osc init" and still osc wants to delete
everything on checkin even though the working copy matches the online
package. I've succeeded with this method in the past and it's essential
to me to avoid unnecessary uploads and downloads.
Thanks
Dave P

Could this be because somebody linked to the branch project?
Dave P