Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE Build Service 1.7 Beta 2 available
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:46:16 -0600

Also of note, the obsapisetup and obsstoragesetup init scripts are
quite a surprise.

yes, they should not be enabled by default. They are only active on the
appliance,
where one expects to get the system autoconfigured based on the network/dhcp
informations.

But this maybe explains why you suddenly got new configurations in some place
;)

Well, they *are* disabled by default, and I managed to avoid running
them. It's not so much that I got new configurations in some places,
it's that old configurations weren't completely migrated over.

I don't remember which, but either api or webui didn't get the "old"
configuration from frontend/webclient. In both cases the database.yml
file wasn't copied over, either.

I will state this in the READMEs explicit. hm, or I split them into a sub
package. Need
to think about it.

I would much prefer a sub package. Safety!

Please read this to understand their purpose:

 http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/OBS-Appliance

--
Jon