Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE Build Service 1.7 Beta 2 available
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 19:55:45 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2010 19:06:55 schrieb Jon Nelson:
I upgraded from 1.6 to 1.7beta2 today.
I had a fair amount of trouble.

First, I was using production_slave, and the conversion to production
was NOT smooth.
The documentation here is really inadequate.

actually, you should keep running with production_slave. Neither the lighttpd,
nor
database config or rails .rb config should be touched.

Can you tell where this went wrong ?

The sysconfig files refer to the wrong ports as defaults.

hm, we do not have ports defined in sysconfig by default. What was the
necessary
change at your side ?

Eventually, I think I got pretty much everything back up and running.
However, I'm still having some persistent issues.

In the web UI, I only ever get "Loading packages..." and "Loading
data..." when viewing a project.
The logs don't say much:

==> /srv/www/obs/webui/log/production.log <==
[I|#27303]

Processing ApplicationController#index (for A.B.C.D at 2010-01-21
11:42:54) [GET]
[F|#27303]
ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches "/index.html" with
{:method=>:get}):
public/dispatch.fcgi:24

[E|#27303] rescue_action: caught ActionController::RoutingError: No
route matches "/index.html" with {:method=>:get}
[D|#27303] ERROR: 404; no such route

Indeed not nice, but it isn't the problem.

can you check the source server log if you see something there ?

The "Server Status" page also appears to be broken.

obsapidelayjobs and obswebdelayedjobs are running ?

it may take some minutes after the information is there.

bye
adrian

Other than that, it seems to be chugging along.

Thank you for the report, I really want to wipe out these issues until RC1.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH