Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build service bug.
  • From: Dave Plater <dplater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:04:26 +0200
On 01/20/2010 05:34 PM, Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 05:01:05PM +0200, Dave Plater wrote:

Maybe one shouldn't branch a package until it's stopped building?

No, branching is done source-wise, it has nothing to do with
package building.

Or maybe this is work in progress, it would be nice if somebody
acknowledged that :-
a) This is unfixable and I must just work around it or
b) We are aware of this problem and are busy fixing it or
c) Thanks for letting us know.

There was a bug in the code that prevented the scheduler from
detecting that a broken link is working again. Maybe you ran
into it (it was fixed only yesterday).

Cheers,
Michael.

This happened this morning about 10:30 UTC. The branch repo is still
sitting with the failed builds and the binaries that appeared by magic
like a snapshot of the state of the parent before I triggered a rebuild,
just in case it can help track the bug. Maybe the spec file conflict
that started yesterday was due to that?
Regards
Dave P