Re: [opensuse-buildservice] strange build failure: "package already exists: %debugsource"
  • From: Mathias Homann <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:04:43 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010 11:37:24 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:

Everything is alright. You have %debug_package in your .spec file,
but which is already automatically added by BS and standalone tools
like lbuild-jplus and Fedora's rpmbuild.

since when does that get auto inserted??? the same packages built fine
just on monday... with no changes.

This was done since openSUSE 11.1. You will note that there is
%debug_package in 11.0/coreutils.spec, but not in 11.1/coreutils.spec.

I seriously don't think that is true.
I've been packaging on OBS since at least 10.2, pretty much all of my packages
contain the %debug_package macro, and until this morning everything had been
building just fine.

So there has to be something else somewhere.