Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Two packages linked to the same package one installs giflib and one doesn't, why?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:16:18 +0100
Am Dienstag, 19. Januar 2010 09:55:09 schrieb Dave Plater:
Hi, I'm trying to find out why lilypond fails to build intermittently
and going through the diff of the two build logs both fro 11.2 x86_64
builds, the successful build from home:plater lilypond has :-
"installing giflib-4.1.6-12.3" which the
home:plater:branches:openSUSE:Factory:Contrib one doesn't. I've double
checked and the local copies are identical.
Any tips on why this would happen?

Well, if it gets installed some package depends on it. "osc whatdependson" might
help you here to find out.

Anyway, if your package needs it, you may add it (or better the -devel package)
as
BuildRequires.

bye
adrian