[opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE Build Service 1.7 Beta 2 available
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:44:59 +0100

We released the openSUSE Build Service(OBS) Beta 2 today

This release is now feature complete and also the API should be
final by now.

Biggest changes since beta 1 are:

* Switch to Ruby on Rails 2.3.5

* The branch call is doing full copies of packages now, not
just _link + project.diff anymore

* Repository status + dirty flag is calculated and displayed
in the web interface (and with osc 0.125)

* many bugfixes esp. in api and webui

* Workers can get auto configured via SLP.

In total we look good to be able to release an RC soon and the final
release on 9th February.

Download OBS 1.7 Beta 2
=======================

Packages for OBS 1.7 Beta 2 are available via our openSUSE:Tools:Unstable
project. You need to add this and the openSUSE:Tools project to get supporting
packages.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:Tools/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:Tools:Unstable/

The version of the packages are 1.6.90.

We do not release packages for non-SUSE systems, because we have currently
no active packager for other platforms. If you are interested in doing this,
please speak up.

OBS-Appliance
=============

This release is the first one which comes also with an appliance.
This appliance can be used for just demo purposes, but also to
run a production OBS server.
Furthermore it can be used to deploy OBS workers in your network.

Please find details about this on this wiki page:

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/OBS-Appliance

This appliance is of course built in openSUSE Build Service itself ;)

Have a nice 2010
Your openSUSE Build Service team

SUSE Linux Products GmbH