Re: [opensuse-buildservice] debian build with experimental gcc-4.5?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 06:09:38 +0100
Am Freitag, 15. Januar 2010 00:16:00 schrieb Paul Elliott:

I have a bug report that my program, peless, fails to build
with gcc-4.5 & g++-4.5.

These are in the experimental distribution.

Is it possible to build under debian 5.0 using gcc-4.5 using
the opensuse-buildservice?

Well, no one has packaged gcc-4.5 for Debian yet. If you find someone
who is doing it (or you upload gcc 4.5 sources yourself) the answer is
yes, you can.

gcc 4.5 is about to get checked in into openSUSE_Factory AFAIK.

So, if you create a spec file for your package as well, you can see and
fix your gcc 4.5 issues.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH