Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc spikes CPU when downloading kernel-source
  • From: Petit Eric <surfzoid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:26:51 +0100
i guess, the kernel-source are a big size, no ?

2010/1/11 Luke Imhoff <luke@xxxxxxxx>:
I've been testing out 0.123 before we deploy it internally and I've
noticed a problem when kernel-source is downloaded from our internal
server:  Once the download reaches 100%, osc freezes and top reports it
sitting at near 100% of the cpu.  I've narrowed this down to something
PackageQuery is doing when reading the rpm.part file for rpm fields
(osc/fetch.py:96).  Is this performance issue a known bug?

Cordially.

Deploy your softwares for all platforms and finally update them in 3 clicks.
Try now the OpenSource MonoOSC tool
http://monoosc.sourceforge.net/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/surfzoid/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/surfzoid:/DebianUbuntu/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/surfzoid:/DebianUbuntu:/Mono/

windows take you more($), Linux give you more!!
Political Power cannot be wisdom!

Small Eric Quotations of the days: