Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Making kernel modules for specific kernel versions
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:22:56 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010 10:14:23 schrieb Roger Oberholtzer:

I have been looking through
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/9226/using-opensuse-build-service-create-and-distribute-kernel-module-packages
to see how to make kernel drivers in OBS. I have one question: can I
specify the specific kernel version to be used? For example, openSUSE
11.2 came out with some release of the kernel, and there have since been
updates. I would like to make the kernel driver for the original kernel
that was delivered with openSUSE. How would I specify that?

Build against openSUSE:11.2 project.

When you want to build against the current released update kernel, build against
openSUSE:11.2:Update instead.

Is there a better way to do this? Is it possible to make a kernel driver
that would load into any release of the kernel for an openSUSE release?

We do not store in-between updates atm.

For example, if I compile the driver for the -desktop kernel, can I do
so in such a way that it can be installed on all -desktop kernels for
that openSUSE release?

SUSE Linux Products GmbH