[opensuse-buildservice] Making kernel modules for specific kernel versions
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 10:14:23 +0100

I have been looking through
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/9226/using-opensuse-build-service-create-and-distribute-kernel-module-packages
to see how to make kernel drivers in OBS. I have one question: can I
specify the specific kernel version to be used? For example, openSUSE
11.2 came out with some release of the kernel, and there have since been
updates. I would like to make the kernel driver for the original kernel
that was delivered with openSUSE. How would I specify that?

Is there a better way to do this? Is it possible to make a kernel driver
that would load into any release of the kernel for an openSUSE release?
For example, if I compile the driver for the -desktop kernel, can I do
so in such a way that it can be installed on all -desktop kernels for
that openSUSE release?

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST