Re: [opensuse-buildservice] building cross distribution packages
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 16:32:18 +0100
On Tuesday 05 of January 2010, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
On Tuesday, January 5, 2010, Lubos Lunak wrote:
It may be comfortable a single .spec file for all distros, but this
universal .spec file is not going to work later when used inside
another RPM build environment, for instance in Mandriva's Cooker.

It should if you took it from the .src.rpm (as that one is created after the
substitutions are done).

 That's why I did it, to have only one .spec file. Adding few macros and
substitutes is certainly simpler than unifying whole .spec rules for
different distros. But that's your choice.

My question is: If I get a source RPM from Mandriva and extract the source
tarball and the spec, with these files I can't build the RPM for Mandriva
in my OBS project. Same for Fedora packages. Why?

I see. But that is not what your original question was about, as this has
nothing to do with building cross-distro. What you are asking about now is
simply building a Mandriva package the Mandriva way, without caring about
other distros.

My personal guess is that the build service doesn't know %{mdkversion} and
using %{mandriva_version} instead would work.

--
Lubos Lunak
openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer