Re: [opensuse-buildservice] building cross distribution packages
  • From: Thomas Schmidt <tschmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:41:02 +0100
On 05.01.2010 10:13, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
On Monday, January 4, 2010, Lubos Lunak wrote:
My home:llunak:kde repository does not build against the distribution
build repositories themselves, but uses home:llunak:distro:<distro> as the
build repository, and that sets up some things that unify usage of the
.spec file.

If you check out home:llunak:distro/setup and run setup_client_repo from
there, it will set those build repositories up for the given repository.
[...]
I've tried to follow the directions in this document:
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Development/Tasks/Packaging/Policies/Kde4
But something is wrong, and I am unable to see what and where.

I don't know if the KDE4 packaging policies are compatible across
distributions. I tried to keep it as similar as possible, but ultimately
home:llunak:distro* sets it up the openSUSE way. It does not build

PS: I guess it's time to document this better. In case you'd be willing to
test and help with it, just say so ;).

Thank you very much for your answer. I'm using the OBS web interface, not the
osc CLI. Are your project's prjconf settings available somewhere in the web
interface?

There is a link to the project config at the left bottom of your projects page,
it can also be changed there. For example:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/prjconf?project=FATE%3Adbxml-2.4

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tschmidt [at] suse.de)
SUSE Linux Products GmbH :: Research & Development :: Tools