Re: [opensuse-buildservice] _workerstatus returning wrong info and other questions
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 10:37:43 +0100
On 5.1.2010 00:03, Jon Nelson wrote:
I see. So in summary, the OBS doesn't look at Obsoletes for
preferential rpm dependencies. However, it would appear that it's not
looking that Provides, either: the package "bar" is using Provides:
foo and yet it is not, apparently, being considered for dependency
fulfillment for other packages in the same project. I'm unclear as to
whether or not this behavior is expected.

Please read the whole email at
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2007-06/msg00012.html.
Michael explains that packages with the exact required name take
precedence over packages that provide the dependency.

Michal