Re: [opensuse-buildservice] chroot: cannot run command `dpkg': No such file or directory
  • From: Richard Bos <rbos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 00:05:19 +0000
Hi,

Op maandag 04 januari 2010 21:52:24 schreef Richard Bos:
I'm trying to build .deb packages. I have created the different files
that are needed for .deb packages, such as debian.control, debian.rules
and the .dsc file. The tarbals and changes file exists as file, and as a
side note the package builds find for many rpm based distributions.

I made some progress as written in my previous posts, but I run into a new
error. Hopefully someone has a solution or a hint how to tackle this one:

tail: cannot open `debian/changelog' for reading: No such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: error: tail of debian/changelog gave error exit status 1

At the top of the build there is:
processing specfile /home/richard/packages/osc/home:rbos:ib/ib2009/ib2009.dsc
running changelog2spec --target debian --file
/home/richard/packages/osc/home:rbos:ib/ib2009/ib2009.dsc
don't know how to convert changelog to format 'debian'
init_buildsystem --clean --rpmlist /tmp/rpmlist.jO8i2H
/home/richard/packages/osc/home:rbos:ib/ib2

Versions installed are:
linux:~ # rpm -q build osc
build-2009.09.23-2.3.1.noarch
osc-0.120-2.1.i586

This one has in /usr/lib/build/changelog2spec (from the above mentioned build
package):

191
192 die("don't know how to convert changelog to format '$target'\n") if $target
ne 'rpm';
193

Will it ever be possible to pass that line if --target != rpm as is the case
with building Debian based packages? Is it possible to convert a .changes
file into a debian.changelog?

--
Richard