Re: [opensuse-buildservice] _workerstatus returning wrong info and other questions
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 17:03:49 -0600
On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Jon Nelson napsal(a):
Another question I have has to do with rpm selection.
Let's say we have a package, foo, which lots of other packages depend
on (BuildRequires: foo).  Let's also say that foo has been replaced by
bar, and bar's specfile has this:  "Provides: foo" and "Obsoletes:
foo", and that foo and bar and the other packages are all in the same
project.  Why isn't bar being installed in favor of foo?

See http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2007-06/msg00012.html

I see. So in summary, the OBS doesn't look at Obsoletes for
preferential rpm dependencies. However, it would appear that it's not
looking that Provides, either: the package "bar" is using Provides:
foo and yet it is not, apparently, being considered for dependency
fulfillment for other packages in the same project. I'm unclear as to
whether or not this behavior is expected.

--
Jon