Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RPM Macro %cmake_kde4
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 19:13:53 +0100
On Sunday 27 of December 2009 14:07:03 Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
Hi,

The "%cmake_kde4" RPM macro doesn't accept arbitrary arguments?

I need in "kmidimon" (OBS project "home:plcl:kde4") a boolean
option "STATIC_ASEQMM" controlling if the libaseqmm library is built and
statically linked to kmidimon, or the shared library is used instead. So my
first guess was to do something like this in kmidimon.spec:

%build
%cmake_kde4 -DSTATIC_ASEQMM=NO

%cmake_kde4 -- <args> . I think that is the normal way to pass arbitrary
arguments to any rpm macro.

But the above syntax fails. Looks like the macro doesn't accept arguments
other than "-d builddir".

By the way, I don't understand why is needed the option "-d" for out of
source builds in RPM specs. Out of source is convenient for a developer,
or to hand building a program, but RPM already provides a disposable
building environment, so building out of source is redundant, IMO.

Some KDE packages do not build in-source, IIRC.

BTW2. Is there an upstream repository for the macros.kde4 file?

The kde4-filesystem OBS package is the original source of macros.kde4 .

--
Lubos Lunak
openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer