Re: [opensuse-buildservice] _workerstatus returning wrong info and other questions
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:23:29 -0600
On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 1:50 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Sonntag, 3. Januar 2010 19:29:39 schrieb Jon Nelson:
 I have a local OBS instance, and I have _3_ problems/questions I was hoping
 to get some help with.

 I am running 1.6.0-7.2 on openSUSE 11.2

 1. When I call /build/_workerstatus, I get back XML (as expected) but the
 contents are wrong.

 Specifically, I have *4* workers configured for the local host, but I get
 back *5* <building/> elements.
 One of the elements is just plain wrong.  The workerid is the duplicated
 from one of the others, it's starttime value doesn't change even after
 multiple restarts of the worker, and so on. What's going on here?  Is this
 related to the (still unfixed?) bug where one cannot reduce the number of
 workers?

You may have a stale build job ? (stale file in /srv/obs/jobs/*/)

OK. Fixed. Thanks!

OBS 1.7 will have the warden process, which is cleaning up jobs of died build
hosts.

Good to know.

 3. Sometimes my builds seem to get stuck in loops.  Usually, some core
 library like libtool or glibc changes, and that kicks off a rebuild of,
 well, everything. It seems, then, that things get stuck in a loop and some
 packages get rebuilt multiple times, and yet there are no obvious loops
 present in the dependencies. What might be going on, and how do I diagnose

These are cycles, yes OBS detects this and need to build them multiple times.
But there should be no endless loops.

OK.

Another question I have has to do with rpm selection.
Let's say we have a package, foo, which lots of other packages depend
on (BuildRequires: foo). Let's also say that foo has been replaced by
bar, and bar's specfile has this: "Provides: foo" and "Obsoletes:
foo", and that foo and bar and the other packages are all in the same
project. Why isn't bar being installed in favor of foo?

--
Jon