Re: [opensuse-buildservice] _workerstatus returning wrong info and other questions
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 08:50:24 +0100
Am Sonntag, 3. Januar 2010 19:29:39 schrieb Jon Nelson:
I have a local OBS instance, and I have _3_ problems/questions I was hoping
to get some help with.

I am running 1.6.0-7.2 on openSUSE 11.2

1. When I call /build/_workerstatus, I get back XML (as expected) but the
contents are wrong.

Specifically, I have *4* workers configured for the local host, but I get
back *5* <building/> elements.
One of the elements is just plain wrong. The workerid is the duplicated
from one of the others, it's starttime value doesn't change even after
multiple restarts of the worker, and so on. What's going on here? Is this
related to the (still unfixed?) bug where one cannot reduce the number of
workers?

You may have a stale build job ? (stale file in /srv/obs/jobs/*/)

OBS 1.7 will have the warden process, which is cleaning up jobs of died build
hosts.

2. When can we expect the next 'stable'-ish release of the obs server
component? Recent versions of osc seem to have their fair share of issues
with obs 1.6.

For example ?

I think we release the OBS 1.7 this or next month.

3. Sometimes my builds seem to get stuck in loops. Usually, some core
library like libtool or glibc changes, and that kicks off a rebuild of,
well, everything. It seems, then, that things get stuck in a loop and some
packages get rebuilt multiple times, and yet there are no obvious loops
present in the dependencies. What might be going on, and how do I diagnose

These are cycles, yes OBS detects this and need to build them multiple times.
But there should be no endless loops.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH