[opensuse-buildservice] How can I publish MS Windows installer MSI packages?
  • From: Hib Eris <hib@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:58:17 +0100
Hi,

I am using the openSUSE build service to build a MS Windows installer
package for the Evince Document Viewer (evince.msi) on the openSUSE
build service, running the build commands from a .spec file.

I have got this working quite well, but now, my problem is, where to
put the resulting evince.msi file. Normally, the resulting binaries of
a .spec file are put into rpm packages that are then published by the
build service.

Of course, I can put the evince.msi file into a rpm package as well
and let the rpm package be published by the build service. But because
MS Windows(-users) cannot handle rpm packages, this is not very
usefull. I would like to publish msi files, not rpm files with msi
files in it.

Is this possible and/or can the build service be adopted to publish
*.msi files resulting from a .spec file build?

Kind regards,

Hib Eris