Re: [opensuse-buildservice] rpmlint error "no binary" for packages that DO contain binaries?
  • From: Mathias Homann <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:54:36 +0100
Am Montag, 14. Dezember 2009 16:10:27 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
On 12/14/2009 at 16:23, Mathias Homann <admin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm building some stuff, and while the packages are 100% in order,
rpmlint complains about "no binaries" even though the packages contain
working binaries, in /usr/bin rsp. /usr/sbin.

why is that?
and is there a more "healthy " fix than a rpmlintrc workaround?

I never had this one as a false positive. Can you point me / us to your
project / package so we can have a look at it? Just because files are in
/usr/bin does not make them binary... a shell script resides there,
without being binary.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=lft&project=home%3Alemmy04
and https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=kde4-
kflickr&project=home%3Alemmy04