Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc 0.123 incompatible with obs-server 1.6?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 17:45:37 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009 16:29:54 schrieb Luke Imhoff:
I've been testing out upgrading our internal copy of osc to 0.123 to get
python-keyring support, but I've hit a snag when calling osc build with
the --prefer-pkgs flag. The flag appears to package the build
description into a cpio file, but obs-server 1.6 gives a parse error
when this happens. What is the latest version of osc that is compatible
with 1.6 when using the --prefer-pkgs flag or is a stable version of the
server available that supports the cpio format?

Only the svn version (upcomming 1.7) is supporting this.

On one hand this not good to break this support, on the other hand using
--prefer-pkg could never work without bugs with 1.6 server without this
support.

So I am quite unsure if you don't have to life with that until 1.7. (or maybe
we need introduce a config option to disable the cpio upload, but only with
warnings).

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH