Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osbs vs launchpad (was: Ubuntu backports)
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 20:30:22 +0100
Am Sonntag, 29. November 2009 17:40:38 schrieb Richard Bos:
Hi Adrian,

Op zondag 29 november 2009 17:14:33 schreef Adrian Schröter:
Btw what are the differences between launchpad (you build ubuntu
packages with) and opensuse-buildservice? What are the (dis)advantages
of both?

Well, you ask someone who has a pretty clear opinion about that, but is
of course not neutral ;) I would compare one of them as tool and one as
toy ...

(OBS supports not only ubuntu, but also non-deb stuff like rpm and kiwi.
It also allows developer to reuse work of others, allows entire
distribution and product building support, supports more sophisticated
stuff like reproducable builds server and client side build support, has
collaboration features, adds automatically building (important for QA and
clean builds) and I could continue for a while here ;)

Well as you're on this topic, what is bad (as you can't be neutral
probably) with: http://trac.project-builder.org/
Nicer asked, what are the differences between the osbs and project-builder.
Do the same differences count, as you summed up for launchpad?

I don't know it good enough. But I would like to read a comparisment about it
as well ;)

SUSE Linux Products GmbH