Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osbs vs launchpad (was: Ubuntu backports)
  • From: schoappied <schoappied@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 00:10:40 +0100
Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 26. November 2009 18:13:35 schrieb schoappied:
I tried to build it this way:

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service_Tutorial

But the build says:

nothing provides libjack-dev

Itś a build for ubuntu hardy, and libjack-dev is in ubuntu hardy...

Yes, but in "universe" repository, which we do not import due to legal implications of the content.

libjack is most likely not legal problematic (but I have not checked), so you may import the debian sources of libjack into a package of your project to solve this problem.
Mmh ok. So no universe...
Do you know if this is also the case in launchpad (ppa)?

Btw what are the differences between launchpad (you build ubuntu packages with) and opensuse-buildservice? What are the (dis)advantages of both?

Thanks in advance,