Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu backports
  • From: schoappied <schoappied@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 18:48:43 +0100
Petit Eric wrote:
Once time, MonoOSC, you will simply have deb and ubuntun behind a single clic !!
http://files.opensuse.org/opensuse/fr/1/11/MonoOSC.jpg
MonoOSC? I have installed osc, where can I get monoosc for debian?

2009/11/26 schoappied <schoappied@xxxxxxxxx>:
I tried to build it this way:

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service_Tutorial

But the build says:

nothing provides libjack-dev

Itś a build for ubuntu hardy, and libjack-dev is in ubuntu hardy...

build log:

Error Details:

*Errorcode: *unknown
*Message: *<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC
"-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http

Very strange...

Besides that. I wonder how I could backport this way, but only changing the
changelog file...

So I do:

dget -ux http://that_link/foo.dsc";;

and I get these files:
phasex_0.11.1-1.diff.gz
phasex_0.11.1-1.dsc
phasex_0.11.1-1.dsc.asc
phasex_0.11.1-1_i386.build
phasex_0.11.1-1_i386.changes
phasex_0.11.1-1_i386.deb
phasex_0.11.1.orig.tar.gz

and a folder
phasex

Can I just edit something in that folder, cp that folder and the above
listed files to my new directory with the name of my new package (osc meta
pkg -e home:<username> <packagename>) and upload the files?

Or should I first build the package and upload for examples these files:
phasex
phasex_0.11.1-1~8.04derick1.diff.gz
phasex_0.11.1-1~8.04derick1.dsc
phasex_0.11.1-1~8.04derick1.dsc.asc
phasex_0.11.1-1~8.04derick1_i386.build
phasex_0.11.1-1~8.04derick1_i386.changes
phasex_0.11.1-1~8.04derick1_i386.deb

I try to get this clear and find out what the best way is to backport from
debian to ubuntu lts

~D