[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Build logs on build.o.o/stage
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:41:00 +0100
Am Dienstag 24 November 2009 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
Hi everybody, especially coolo, as I think you're most hacking on
b.o.o/stage.

I was just wondering regarding the build logs: when I check a log, like for
example
https://build.opensuse.org/stage/package/live_build_log?arch=i586&package=
me-tv&project=home%3Adimstar&repository=openSUSE_Factory

this loads blazing fast (good), but does not show me the entire log.
Whereas I perfectly agree that on a build failure, this is normally what I
need in order to see what is wrong, it can also remove some information
which I would need to see.

A real-life example: evince was built for a while (in devel project)
without PDF support. The configure check for it failed. Nevertheless, the
build succeeded perfectly (file list was ok and all that). Skimming
through the output of %configure showed what was wrong.

What I'm missing now in the current build log viewer is a way to show me
the entire log. I think defaulting to the last 1000 lines (or whatever it
is now) is great, but the option for all the log is missing (another
option than removing /stage from the url I mean :) )

What do you think? completely non-sense? Or did I just miss the obvious
(yes, osc is obvious, but not the one I'm looking for).

Hi,

Check the page, it has a "Download raw log" link.

Greetings, Stephan