[opensuse-buildservice] Performance improvements
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:48:40 +0100
Hi,

Having been frustrated by the slowness of activexml, I decided
to give it a real xml parser and I think the arguments for it
are pretty good. The port is just a couple of hours old, but
it's speed is impressive. Check out

/package/show?package=acl&project=Base%3ASystem

both on https://build.opensuse.org and .../stage

If you don't trust your eyes - these are the benchmarks from the
log file:

17103ms for build, 1009ms for stage - note that I had to disable
caching for stage so it's quite a tad slower than it can be.

Greetings, Stephan