Re: [opensuse-buildservice] "official" package updates
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:19:59 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 11. November 2009 20:03:14 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
Hi,

I was following the topic more or less and now there is a first update
to be done so I checked out what I need to do as a community member to
submit it.

Basically I only found this:
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/Maintenance

I stopped to try that pretty early as every osc command from that page
was unknown for my osc 0.123-20.1 :-(

Yes, the concept is still marked as draft.

I hoped that this stuff would be in place in time for 11.2 but ...

hey, there is still hope :)

Some parts of it are already in svn. I had the hope to have this far more
complete right now, but various panic escalations, illness and surprising
short commings in existing implementations lead to this situation.

however, the good thing is, even when it is not there for 11.2 GA, we can
still deliver it afterwards for it :) And not only that also for 11.1 and
11.0.

Just for submitting there is currently currently some missing stuff in
patchinfo handling (but it is in OBS in general), submit request extensions in
osc and SUSE internal infrastruture enhancements in first step (the SUSE
internal part should get obsoleted later in second step. But we need to handle
this with care).

Attribute search und the multiple mbranch command is there already. You can
see the result of that here for example

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home:adrianSuSE:branches:OBS_Maintained:libtheora

an osc.svn patchinfo call would create a patchinfo file based on this, which
can get submitted with the sources afterwards.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH