Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Local build of package
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 19:56:30 +0100
On 11/09/2009 07:42 PM, Juergen Weigert wrote:
As the name 'osc' suggests, it is intended for building build service
packages. Don't try to misuse it for things it's not designed
for. You should rather improve 'build' instead.

AFAIK osc stands for openSUSE Commander, so there is no connection to
BuildService directly from its name :-)

Why should the osc design forbid such local builds?

As far as I can see, it can be implemented with read-only guest access
(fate#306192) on the server side. The rest in osc itself should be simple.
Call it 'osc mock' ?

I would stick to 'osc build'. Osc has already A LOTS of subcommands and
options.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Boosters Team Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144 19000 Praha 9, CR
prusnak[at]suse.cz http://www.suse.cz