[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-factory] Devel packages not a links to Factory
  • From: Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 16:47:47 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, Michal Vyskocil wrote:

Hi,

during work on fix for apache2-mod_jk I found that even if the
Apache:Modules/apache2-mod_jk is marked as devel project, it contains
completely different package with newest version and a different history,
which makes it as devel project unusable. So I converted it to source link
and
submit a fix again.

Anyway I used an attached Python script to find all packages not have the
_link in a filelist - their maintainers would consider to fix it. I also
attached a list of affected packages.

BTW: is there any simple way how to convert the package to source link? I
used
the sequence

osc linkpac openSUSE:Factory $PACKAGE $PROJECT
osc rremove $PROJECT $PACKAGE `osc ls $PROJECT $PACKAGE | grep -v _link`

but it messed the commit log, because every one deletion is one commit.

Well, luckily you didn't catch devel:gcc/gdb. And of course a setup
this way may be completely on purpose! It definitely is for gdb.

Richard.