[opensuse-buildservice] python, buildarch, and post build checks
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:21:56 -0500
Using openSUSE.org:openSUSE:11.1:Update as my remote repo, I've been
getting errors like this:

python-setuptools:
"/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/setuptools/command/setopt.pyc" is
not allowed in a noarch package.

However, /usr/lib64/python2.6 is where the python installation is located.

I see two conflicting problems here:

1. the package really is arch independant. .pyo and .pyc files are,
this provides no shared libraries, etc...
2. the python install is directing the package to usr /usr/lib64

I don't want to remove the BuildArch: noarch directive, as the package
really is noarch.

Where *should* the package be installing so that it doesn't trigger this issue?

Also, how do I turn off individual post-build checks (like the bz2
check) for local OBS instances?

--
Jon