Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Does osc modify gcc build flags?
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:09:36 +0200
On 8/12/2009 at 11:05, Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've used -O2 -Wall -Wextra and I still can't get the uninitialized
variables to come up locally. Rpmbuild uses those switches by default,
it's still only osc which throws the "is used uninitialized" warning.
There must be something that osc does that plain rpmbuild doesn't.
Regards
Dave P

Are you refering to the initial checking of the result after the build was
successful? Yes, there are many more checks run afterwards, called
brp-checks and rpmlint.
Most of them are heuristic analysis of the built rpms and the compiler output.
(especially the 'initialized variables' are just collected from the
compiler log and raised as warnings so they are not just missed in the huge
build logs.

Dominique