Re: [opensuse-buildservice] [osc] patch to support overlay filesystem - RFC
  • From: "Jan-Simon Möller" <dl9pf@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:31:09 +0200
Am Dienstag 11 August 2009 14:57:13 schrieb Luke Imhoff:
Maybe this goes against the philosphy of the build script, but couldn't
you use rsync instead of taring and untaring? This would help with a
use case where our users are complaining about having to tar and untar
big things, like the kernel-source, when doing development. We could
just treat their Subversion workareas as the overlay directory and
overlay it where kernel-source.tar.bz2 would be untarred normally. This
would necessitate specifying the root of the overlay in the chroot
though, so may make this overcomplicated.

Hi Luke,

ok, let me think over it a bit. Probably I'll try to do this as a separate
parameter.

Best,
Jan-Simon