[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Notifications
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:47:49 +0200
Le mardi 11 août 2009, à 12:32 +0200, Philipp Thomas a écrit :
* Johannes Meixner (jsmeix@xxxxxxx) [20090811 10:37]:

One needs transaction semantics when working on packages:
1. Begin of transaction
2. Change it
3. End of transaction

Impossible to solve by technical means! You have to rely on others
with check-in rights communicating with you. No software can help there.

Well, software can still help...

In the GNOME team, we use the "osc gnome" plugin (which you can now use
for any project that is related to oS:F, not just GNOME:Factory), and
there's a reservation feature in the plugin that is quite helpful. If
you have any doubt, just ask anybody in the team :-)

The typical example is when a new GNOME upstream release is out, we have
a lot of work to do, and we can quickly see when someone is working on a
package, so we just take another one.

And by all means, it's a weak reservation system: you can ignore the
reservation, and reservation automatically expires after 36 hours if it
wasn't removed before.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.