Re: [opensuse-buildservice] different package versions for subpackages
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 23:40:55 +0200
Am 05.08.2009 23:40, schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Mittwoch, 5. August 2009 21:36:32 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
Hi,

I have a package which includes a subpackage where I want to have a
different version number as for the main package.
This basically seems to work until it comes to Release numbers.

RPM seems to support the different versions correctly but the
buildservice apparently has a problem with it as release numbers are
always identical for all packages created from one source rpm which
could lead to release numbers going down if main package version number
gets increased while the subpackage version number stays the same.

Yes, but why is that a problem ?

All updaters compare $version-$release and never look on the release alone.

So, if the version increases, it shouldn't be a problem when the release
number goes done.

So you misunderstood something.
Example:
MozillaThunderbird changes version from 3.0b3 to 3.0.0
enigmail stays on version 0.96a
-> Release gets reset and enigmail gets "downgraded"

Wolfgang