[opensuse-buildservice] different package versions for subpackages
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 21:36:32 +0200
Hi,

I have a package which includes a subpackage where I want to have a
different version number as for the main package.
This basically seems to work until it comes to Release numbers.

RPM seems to support the different versions correctly but the
buildservice apparently has a problem with it as release numbers are
always identical for all packages created from one source rpm which
could lead to release numbers going down if main package version number
gets increased while the subpackage version number stays the same.

The Factory package which is affected is MozillaThunderbird which also
creates the enigmail subpackage with its own version number.

Is that really not possible or could that be fixed?

Wolfgang