Re: [opensuse-buildservice] debuginfo not stripped for HEAD Kernel backported to openSUSE 11.0
  • From: Henning Paul <hnch@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 18:58:24 +0200
On 2009-07-18 13:51:04 +0200, hnch@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I have created a branch of Kernel:HEAD in order to have backports
to openSUSE 11.0:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/hennichodernich:/
branches:/Kernel:/HEAD/openSUSE_11.0/

I now encountered the problem that the debuginfo is not stripped
from the kernel modules, making the packages awfully large.

I have the same problem with a "rpmbuild --rebuild
kernel-pae.nosrc.rpm" on my local machine, for 2.6.29 kernels,
this worked quite well, but now, something seems to have changed.

The Kernel:HEAD project has a <debuginfo /> flag in its project
meta but your project hasn't such a flag.
Run "osc meta prj home:hennichodernich:branches:Kernel -e" and add

Thanks a lot. But I'm wondering how to achieve this behaviour for
the "rpmbuild --rebuild" approach? Via a "--define" argument to
rpmbuild? I've had a look at the /usr/lib/rpm/macros and that looked
quite reasonable to me.
BTW: Does anyone know a RPM reference that is not completely outdated
like Maximum RPM? I nowhere found an explanation what e.g.
"%if 0%{?__debug_package:1}" means.

best regards
Henning