Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc umlaut problem
  • From: Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 07:28:58 +0200
Michal Čihař <michal@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Dne Wed, 01 Jul 2009 07:53:57 -0500
Luke Imhoff <luke@xxxxxxxx> napsal(a):

Does your terminal support unicode and if it does does python know
that? Python should only beconverting down to ascii if it doesn't think
your terminal can display unicode.

In default configuration (in 2.x branch) Python always tries to print
ascii. Not sure whether this is changed on SUSE, but for Debian this
thing is kept.

can you guys reproduce the problem with this command line?

osc request show 12780

I'm on openSUSE 11.1 with obs 0.120 from openSUSE:Tools.

If so, I'm happy to fix this --- a pointer to how to set the utf-8
output configuration is appreciated.

What I don't get is why "print s" from the debugger does it right,
while the print in osc fails in my debugging session.

S.

--
Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5