Re: [opensuse-buildservice] debtransform patches
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:09:51 +0200
On Tuesday 30 of June 2009, Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 03:16:02PM +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
I've used the debtransform functionality of the buildservice and I'll
like to propose the two attached patches:

1) Debian-based distros require the tarball to be .tar.gz , which is
annoying with cross-distro packaging. This patch adds support for using
.tar.bz2 or .zip and debtransform converts the archive to .tar.gz , in
addition to renaming it as it does now. I've tested this locally with osc
build and it seems to work fine.

Why don't you just use ".gz" instead?

Because rpmlint then complains to me. Or maybe because there are advantages
to using the original tarball, like being to able to easily check it really
is the original tarball (which makes Debian requiring .tar.gz rather funny,
because it is otherwise so much against modifying the tarball for these
reasons).

2) Applying patches using debian.series has a different default for the
-p argument of patch. While .spec defaults to -p0, debtransform defaults
to -p1.

IIRC this is to be compatible to the "quilt" series file.

:( . Well, I suppose somebody wanting to do a shared .rpm/.deb build from
just one source will need a syncing script anyway.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer