Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Important osc version 0.119 release !
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:22:07 +0200
Am Dienstag, 16. Juni 2009 18:06:30 schrieb Takashi Iwai:
At Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:03:32 +0200,

Adrian Schröter wrote:
This is not the case ;)

You get a big fat warning first pointing you to the new command and
afterwards an error from the server (because the project "create" does
not exist in our instances).

OK, that's good to hear.
But, I still wonder why submitreq remains if it has anyway a different
syntax. It could have been renamed to a different command like
"submit"...

Well the discussion round we had (see the proposal mail some weeks ago) was
thinking that it makes sense to have always "request" as suffix of the
command.

So it does never conflict with "osc delete" for example and these are the only
commands which are special for each request type.

While listing / accepting and so on should be independend from the type.

I really think we should discuss and document one or more proposals how the
osc UI should be, agree on that and implement it within one step. And keep it
of course.

If we discuss single command changes only now it will us not lead to a common
and consistent interface.

If no one else is starting a wiki page with a proposal, I will do so in some
days.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH