[opensuse-buildservice] new "osc request" handling
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 16:24:45 +0200

Hello,

Juergen, Michael, Klaas and me sit together to discuss how should we design
the osc request interface. The problem is that osc only knows "submitreq"
command so far. But now we have two more requests, delete and devel_change
requests. And more will come.

This new design will not be compatible with the current "osc submitreq" and we
will most likely not be able to support the old commands in the same syntax
anymore. But we think it is better to do this change anyway to have it more
consistent.

Our idea are the following commands for osc. Please tell us your opinion about
it. (We will implement this tomorrow if no new problems pop up).

Create new requests:
================
osc sr
osc sr PROJECT PACKAGE DESTPROJECT [DESTPACKAGE]
osc submitrequest
osc submitrequest PROJECT PACKAGE DESTPROJECT [DESTPACKAGE]

osc dr PROJECT [PACKAGE]
osc deleterequest PROJECT [PACKAGE

osc cr PROJECT PACKAGE DEVEL_PROJECT [DEVEL_PACKAGE]
osc changedevelrequest PROJECT PACKAGE DEVEL_PROJECT [DEVEL_PACKAGE]

Note: So far we had "osc submitreq create ...", the create will get dropped.

Modify existing requests:
=========================

osc request accept ID
osc request decline ID
osc request revoke ID (drops the request, but it is still showable)
osc request wipe ID (removes the requst forever)

(optional "rq" for "request")

Show existing requests:

osc list # list requests (maybe we can make this one obsolete)
osc request # list requests
osc request ID # show request with $ID

Open questions are:
* How to support requests with multiple actions later ?
( osc submitreq PROJECT PACKAGE , deletereq PROJECT PACKAGE , deletereq . )

SUSE Linux Products GmbH