Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Packages for deb distros
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 23:33:08 +0200
Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
First, thanks all who helped make this build service work! I managed to
get one of my packages to build within a few hours, though from having a
functional src.rpm to start with. Had to give up when pages took 2min to
load though (time for bed anwyay...).

When I added the latest buntu/debian distros the package status comes up
as excluded. I guess they need more work, but is there soe tutorial as
well for making .deb?

Thanks,

Volker

take a look into some real world examples for "hybrid packages". like:
openSUSE:Tools:Devel/{build-svn,osc-svn,qemu-svn}

Debian needs a .dsc file to build a .deb package. Also, in order to be
compliant to all .deb based distros, source files need to be .tar.gz
*AND NOT* .tar.bz2 in order to be accepted. There is other nice things
you will find out when packaging hybrid packages - lots of.

Cheers, Martin