Re: [opensuse-buildservice] rpmlint "non-standard-uid"
  • From: Christian <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 16:59:07 +0000
Hi Lars,

Lars Müller schrieb:
Yes I do know Option -r, but sometimes you're not happy with this solution.
In case of syncing files between different system you want to have
unique id.
And if creating a "new" unique ID, where do you know if this id is "not
in use yet".
There must be a list of "regisstered" id's, isn't it ?

Yes.

Ufff, yes.
For example the samba package creaates a group named ntadmin always with
the same GID 71.

yep, and e.g. postfix (51/51)
We had to register this ID in the past. At that point in time (Aug 28
2002) this was an internal process.

ok
Nowadays the question is how to register such persistent IDs in the
openSUSE world?

Yes, this is coming close to my question.
Does LSB play a role in this question ?
And if we register ID's for openSUSE, how do we know that this ID does
not conflict with ID's in other DISTs ?

Chris