Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-svn] r7335 - in trunk/buildservice/src/clientlib/python/osc: . osc
On 2009-05-15 14:38:33 +0200, Michal Čihař wrote:
Hi

Dne Fri, 15 May 2009 14:31:38 +0200
Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx> napsal(a):

My first version of the change just removed dir as optional parameter
(module should figure it out by itself what the tempdir is, regardless
of platform). But later in the code (function delete_tmpdir) there is an
explicit check if the path starts with '/tmp' and this couldn't be
guaranteed anymore (module could use '/var/tmp').

What do you think about rewriting the code so it doesn't explicitly set
tempdir in these calls and removing the check in delete_tmpdir ?

I think it would be best.

+1. In any case we should get rid of these "if sys... == 'win'..." statements.

But I totally miss the point of delete_tmpdir logic. What is wrong on
deleting directories which osc created in any temporary directory user
has defined?

Actually it's just a small "security" check (e.g. if you pass a wrong dir to
delete_tmpdir()). But I have nothing against removing this function (one just
need to double check the dir etc.).

Marcus